View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #35
HomeWood

You really don't know what they were stopping people for, so the criticism lacks any real validity. Like Fish&Game, MP's budget comes from registrations, fees, licenses, and maybe even fines (correct me if I'm wrong). Unfortunately, that gives an agency like that more incentive to be strict. The law enforcement agency I work for gets it budget from taxes and grants. We do not get anything from fines, the schools and courts do.

Understand that when you suddenly see a "crackdown" like that or even from a local PD it is often in response to a complaint. It is often in response to a complaint from an "important person" who saw one thing they did not like and called another important person. That important person then tells the troops to go "crackdown" to make the important complainant happy. We get this all the time from important local business people, politicians, or friends of those people. Suddenly we are sitting on ABC street running radar because Mrs. Jones who is friends with a city council person says there is a speeding problem there. Then we have to report back with results and there better be some results! Welcome to the world of politics.

Who knows what MP was looking for that evening, but criticizing without any knowledge of their intent is foolish and ignorant. And using terms like attack and harass only cheapens the argument.
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeWood For This Useful Post: