View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #15
winnipiseogee

First off thanks to ALL that have posted!! The website is glitchy and only allows me to thank 1 person a day I think.

I understand SAB1's concern. In a perfect world we'd wait 2 more years - and that may happen. We have commitments this summer but will try and rent for next summer (unless we own by then).

The good news is that we live in Meredith year round. It makes travel arrangements pretty easy. If the weather is nice on a Friday we can leave first thing in the morning. If its crappy we can just wait until Saturday :-)

I run the ambulance service for most of the lakes region. Its a 24/7 type of job so the opportunity to disconnect is really quite attractive.

For us its about the sense of community and camaraderie that exists on the islands as well. It seems islander tourists are perhaps a bit.....nicer than some of their mainland counterparts.

Cow and Bear are definitely at the tops of our list. My only concern with Cow is Idlewild. With it being a "private community" does anyone know if that comes with the "private community" attitude one might find south of us? I want as laid back and easy going a place as possible!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote