Thread: For shame!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #43
riverat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
I have no dog in this hunt, but, it looks like a lot of the debris in question is embedded in the ice. What if the person who had the bobhouse, pulled it off one day but didn't have whatever equipment he felt was needed to chop the ice enough to remove the trash, so he left it...to return a day or whatever later with equipment and enough help to clean it up. I don't know if this is what happened, but the mess is gone.
If this isn't how this went down, then kudos to the individual(s) who did clean it up
I tend to believe you have the most logical answer, although being an avid ice fisherman myself and owner of 2 bobhouses I will say that during the course of the season the conditions change constantly on the ice. I started by blocking my shacks up 6" off the ice and by the end of the season I had to block them up another 8", a total of 14" from the original surface.
When I remove the houses at the end of the season I "try" to recover all my blockage to use again next season and sometimes it takes a couple of trips out to get them all without chiseling your arms off. I still have to make one more trip to retreive my last blocks which are still 6" down. But in any event, THIS person had a very sloppy unsightly area from the get go and unfortunately it got frozen into the ice. Glad it is gone, my favorite ice fishing forum are bashing this guy worse than this site is. We do not like the bad PR.