Thread: For shame!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #36
GTO

Default mmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFF View Post
So as an ice fisherman, and in defense of ice fisherman, I have a comment.

1. Ice fisherman drill holes in the ice to fish. There are no holes anywhere in this picture.

2. The tents in the picture are not ice fishing tents, they are camping tents. Ice fisherman use tents that are better quality and can stand up to harsh conditions. No ice fisherman would use a camping tent- it would get blown right over.

3. There's a banner frozen in the ice. The banner reads BAUER. Bauer is a hockey company: http://www.bauer.com/player/index

If you look at their website you'll see that their logo is the banner in the picture. This debris was left by a hockey gathering, not ice fisherman! It's unfortunate how quickly you guys jumped on board the bandwagon to blame fisherman.
I think one ice fisherman was being blamed, not all. I think if this happened right after the hockey tournament, we would of seen pictures before now about us all complaining how the hockey tournament crowd left the ice. Yes, that is a Bauer sign in the ice, could of been on the side of their hut, or maybe they were trying to burn that too. There is also a white bucket there that plaster usually comes in....maybe it was a drywaller