View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #84
Merrymeeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Not sure how much justification ATT can have to get a tower put up in the middle of the Farmington - Middleton - New Durham area. Not the middle of a thriving metropolis, unfortunately.
I agree on the business justification on the Farmington side. Kings Highway has little to no coverage from New Durham, through Middleton/Milton, into Farmington. I expect that since as you say, not a lot of customers to justify it.

But I am surprised there hasn't been much more effort to get Rt 28 better coverage given the traffic it carries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
I thought there was an ATT (formerly Cell One) tower up on the ridge where there is a large farm on Governor's Rd running from Milton to Middleton. I haven't looked for it from rte 11 in quite a while. It would give you a pretty good signal from in the area where Prospect Mt. is blocked as you head into Farmington.
You are right. Coverage along Rt 11 and on that side of New Durham is fine. It's the hills and ridges around the lake that mess things up. (I get a GREAT signal on my boat in the middle of the lake . I've even had to go out there to take business calls when the internet link went down)
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Merrymeeting For This Useful Post: