View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #57
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Really, if you don't like the programming offered by the cable company, the best option is to vote with your wallet and drop the service. With satellite services and the proliferation of internet options, it's getting easier and easier to get what cable TV offers through another provider, and usually at a lower cost.
Around the Lakes Region area I am noticing more and more satellites disks. It is a known fact that the cable companies subscriber base is getting smaller and smaller as consumers switch to satellite or streaming of their favorite movies and programs. The WSJ wrote an article that soon cable TV will go the way of the dinosaur and cable and fiber optics will be used for internet. So expect to see internet subscriptions going up.

4G LTE will be competing with the internet providers but 4G do not have the bandwidth to take over the cable/fiber optics guys.

I refuse to rent or purchase a cable box and I do get most of the extended basic channels, despite Metrocast saying I won't get them without a box. Lately I was able to stream to my TV from the laptop previously shown programs without a recorder. A matter of fact I watch the news at my convenience on my laptop! Soon I won't need cable TV.