Thread: Canoe
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Sorry, but I've had very expensive dinners ruined by unruly children and parents who ignored them. Why is it that some parents seem to think the world should bow to them just because they procreated? Don't know how many times I've nearly been mowed down by mothers pushing strollers, and I've had to run interference in front of my legally blind mother so ignorant stroller pushers didn't run her over.

Have you ever confronted parents who had no control over their kids? Blame them, not those of use who choose to enjoy our meals out without the noise of irksome brats and their clueless parents.
I understand and agree that too many kids are out of control and that too many parents do nothing to correct the situation. I have spoken up and asked parents to control their unruly childern a few times. Worse are the unruly adults. I asure you, this was not the case in my situation. At the time my youngest was 8 and the oldest was 18, the other two were early to mid teens. The boys had shirts with collars and the girl was dressed up as well.

At the time, Canoe had better solutions than to place a family of six at a two foot diameter raised cocktail table right next to the bar with adults who were out-of-control. We made and they accepted reservations for dinner for a party of six. Never a question about the age of the people in the group. That was not a place for a dinner for six, especially at Canoe prices. The treatment we got was off-the-chart poor.

My opinion is eating establishments should ask unruly groups to leave. Makes no difference if the unruly people are kids or adults. If they are making a disturbance, they should be asked to leave. It is also my opinion that giving poor treatment to a group just because it has kids, is a great reason to never spend a penny with that establishment again. If you are going to have such a policy, at the very least it should be explained when the reservation is accepted, so people can make an informed decision.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post: