View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
Belmont Resident

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
I bicycle pedalled all around the lake once on a ten speed bike, starting in Wolfeboro, and recall the hill going up to the high school in Meredith was a very tough pedal.

New Hampshire passed a bicycle safety law about two years ago that requires cars to stay three, four or five feet away from a bicyclist, depending on the car speed: Up to 30mph - three feet; up to 40mph - four feet; up to 50mph - five feet.
That is a great idea FLL but what about the boneheads that take up the whole road on bikes. I JUST NOW saw a guy coming down 107 with traffic behind him and he was to the left of the center of his travel lane.
I am all for giving bikers the right of way being I like to ride as well, but there are way to many bicyclists who have no respect for the cars on the road and take advantage of the fact they have the right of way.
As far as I'm concerned dead is dead not matter who is at fault.
Ride safe.
If you decide to ride this area during the next few weeks remember the leaf peepers are coming and many have their eyes on other things then the road.