View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,062 Posts
Default good...but...

We like the Cider Press and have been going there since the mid 80's. The menu has essentially remained the same, except for price changes, over all the years.

Reason for this is the wife is a waitress, and the husband is the only cook in the kitchen. He is understandably comfortable with the menu and what it takes to get the food out. I like the Steak Au Poivre, the Filet Mignon, the Seafood casserole, and the Lobster Bisque. Carrot cake for dessert. Never went home stuffed, but can't remember being hungry when I left, making me thing about going to McD's on the way home. (Did that once after a $160 meal at a "gourmet restaurant" years ago ) Other items were good, but these are my favorites.

Interior decor hasn't changed much if any in those years. We personally have no problem with it. I would much rather be in their setting than in a brightly lit restaurant where the lighting almost makes you feel like you are spot lit.

Can I recommend it? Yes.

And my understanding is that this is going to be their last year. Now that all kids are out of school, they are ready to retire. Good luck, Denise and Bob.