Thread: Best Pizza
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #87
Mirror Lake's BB

Default Tuftonboro General Store Pizza Very Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhoward View Post
I'll add my 2c and vote for the Tuftonboro General Store. In back of the store, Mike makes the best pizza on our side of the lake. Not greasy, not overdone, not too thin or thick. Very much worth a try.

http://tuftonborogeneralstore.com/pizza.htm

Mark
I have tried the Tuftonboro General Store pizza and it is very good. I highly recommend giving it a try. It is actually my favorite now; preferred over the Pine Cone. But it is not a traditional thin crust pizza so it is unfair really to compare the two as "pizzas". It is a pan pizza but not so far as a deep dish Chicago style pizza.

As one of the toppings, I recommend the onions. They're piled on but are sweet (vidalia?) onions and not overpowering at all. My preference is the onions and sausage as toppings. The better half likes it w/o toppings so we get it only on half. So I tried a plain slice once and as I recall, the sauce seemed to have a little "richness" (as in a tomato paste). Just a little side note/observation.

And it has no resemblance to Greek style pizza which to me is sour tasting and greasier.

Anyone that reads this post and tries the Tuftonboro General Store pizza, please add to this thread. I am one who loves a good pizza and enjoy sharing comments about it. I strongly urge any pizza lover to give it a try. Its just a real good (non-thin crust) pizza!
Mirror Lake's BB is offline   Reply With Quote