View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Lucky1

I am not aware of flooding being a problem around the lake. Am I missing something? I do think it is important to see where the house is placed on the lot etc and what the slope is like if there is one. I have never had a bit of problem and am probably 50 feet from the shore. It is a flat area near the water so try not to worry about a lot of flooding. I know they sometimes lower the water level but am not sure why that is. I think it is too help those lower then where we are.

I know in winter the lake is quieter but it does not give you any feeling of being isolated. There are so many year rounders that it always seems like a cozy quiet hamlet when I am there off season. The people are very very friendly and have fairs and all kinds of functions. I have been to school fairs in winter and gotten a good meal for very reasonable money and purchased a couple of unique Christmas presents at the same time. People in places like banks and the post office remember you which is a nice touch. I see lights in houses all along my drive to my simple year round home that I visit in winter now and then when I am not down south. It does seem like a happy, peaceful place in winter though most of my time there is in season in the summer. You will love it! Just take your time as you are young yet and there is no fire. The prices are not going to sky rocket back to all time highs. "Act in haste, lament at leisure!" And don't forget that lovely saying, "Happy wife, happy life".
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucky1 For This Useful Post: