Thread: CFL Light Bulbs
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #28
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMI Guy View Post
Your earlier statement that LED bulbs "run very hot" struck me as strange, given that they are supposedly so much more energy efficient than standard incandescent bulbs. I commented on this, and you then said that LED bulbs "will get warm to hotish." Does this change in language mean that you have also changed your position?

Support your own argument with verifiable facts, otherwise I'm leaving the BS flag lying on the field.
LED bulbs in current, and upcoming products, run the diode at a high temperature relative to where it would be optimally. This is a problem that is being solved with various approaches to cooling the diode/diode junction so that enough light output can be achieved to make the bulb useful without also dramatically shortening it's useful life.

Save your 'BS flag' for a topic that you have some knowledge to actually make a call on.

Again, if you did some research of your own instead of making stupid forum arguments you would understand what I was describing without needing more clarification. Most people enjoy researching things they have an interest in. You seem to want others to do your homework.

This is my last response to you on this topic, as you have not contributed anything of value whatsoever.