View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #28
jrc

You got a bunch of issues here lets seperate them. First the criminal stuff, if they intentionally billed you for work they didn't do, they commited a crime. Does anyone really they believe they did this, I don't. So leave the police, credit card company and attorney general out of this.

Now the rest, car dealers and boat dealers have been playing this game as long as there have been cars and boats. Every service shop needs more business, so stuff that is near the end of it's usefull life gets flagged and the dealer tries to make a sale. "We noticed your, brakes were worn, your battery was old, your impellar was old, your ball joints, your shocks, or what ever" always followed by " it's really not safe for you to operate the vehicle like this, you could get hurt or cause more damage"

The problem here is they skipped the scare the customer step. You have to decide what to do about it. First, this stuff really does wear out, so maybe you really needed impellars. Too many dishonest people make it tough for honest people. Second $406 is not a ton of money, all the remedies will cost you more than the disputed amount.

I had this happen with batteries, I just switched dealers. With cell phones, there is never a reason not to get a call before do the service.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote