View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #21
Happy Gourmand

Default Stung by LL

280SS, i have to wonder how badly it would have "stung" if, halfway up Paugus one of your engines seized up due to overheating? Would you have blamed the marina for the oversight? Yup, maybe you would have caught it and would have been able to limp back....and maybe not. Either way, you would have had to have the repair done.
We are only hearing one side of this story, as somebody has mentioned. Perhaps the marina was under the impression that you wanted the boat to be operational when you picked it up. I wasn't there, I don't think anybody from this forum was there either. And I have to wonder how confrontational the conversation turned when you discovered the needed repairs had already been done.
Those things do dry up in the winter....had it happen to me. I would have been very happy if the marina had caught it. As it turned out, it disintegrated on my way back to my slip...no damage done, but my boat was tied up for a few days while it was in for the repair.
Not sticking up for anybody here unless and until I hear "the rest of the story".
Have a Happy and Safe 4th.
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote