Thread: Wolfeboro Inn?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #203
Barbara

Default George re "hearty appetizers"

First of all, I posted a comment a while back praising the food at an event I attended since the new chef arrived. There was a noticeable improvement in quality. I was excited to learn that he had been the chef at Thompson House Eatery. We have been making the trip to Jackson a few times a year for the last five years just to enjoy the wonderfully creative lunch menu at that restaurant. If your new chef was working there during that time period, I would love him to bring some of those wonderful lunch choices to the Inn.

As far as "hearty appetizers" go, that was how the food was promoted on the advertising for this event. The food served at the events run by this organization in the past has always been FABULOUS, and has always been provided by the same food service in the past. There was a scheduling issue this year that brought the organization to the Inn. You correctly named the items that were served, and except for the chicken, the comments made by myself and others and agreed upon by many more were that these items could have come directly from BJ's or Costco. Nothing looked or tasted homemade. They looked and tasted exactly like the stuff that comes in large quantities in the frozen food sections of the big box warehouse stores. As I've already stated, this was not just my opinion. Added to this is the fact that we were comparing to the wonderful food served at past events run by this organization and this time the food was hugely disappointing.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbara For This Useful Post: