View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #35
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
My plan B would be to drill a well if we had to, but I'm wondering how would we know that a well can't be successfully drilled on a property? Is there something that we would test for before hand?
Beats me. If you believe in voodoo have somebody walk around with those dowsing rods I guess that's one way. On a more serious note I assume that any well company will have an idea where the best placement is for a well or have some information in regards to the location of under ground aqua-furs as it pertains to your property. There are things that need to be taken under consideration with that too, as it relates to the proximity to any kind of septic system. I don't know the exact figures on that but I seem to recall a well head has to have a 75 foot clear circumference from the edge of any septic system or leech field. I suppose there is no guessing as to why that is. The exact offsets you should double check, I think they are also subject to setbacks from lot lines too. There are folks on here in the business that can probably give you a more precise answer than I can.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: