View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #66
Lucky1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CateP View Post
I think this is a fine band of merry posters and I love the idea that folks actually meet and greet. I have spent the last two hours checking out all the great info in the house section. We seem to be drawn to older houses in the real estate listings (much more interesting architecture) but are wary of all the potential problems. (We live in a 100+ year old house now). There is a house on 96 Pease Rd. Meredith that looks very lovely, but it was built in 1900. Worried about septic, old oil furnace etc. We're also wondering whether Pease Rd. is busy because we have two dogs. The property has almost 4 acres, but the actual house is pretty close to the road.

We plan on taking a trip up in March to look at some of the houses on our list. We'll be staying at the Inn at Mill Falls. For now, we just like to check the web cams and marvel at the many moods of the big lake.

P.S. Our house in NJ is filled with loon stuff and we've taken some incredible pictures of our loon friends on Jenness Pond in Northwood. (friendliest loons we've met). The Loon Center is another place I may volunteer, but I really want to hang with the kids at NSC in Holderness. I am a former classroom teacher,worked at Maine Audubon, and started my own environmental education summer camp in Maine that was a huge success for the years that I had the energy to be teaching kids year-round
Zillow says that it last sold JUly 8, 2009 so maybe there is a listing from then that would give you more details. What was the price then? Did they paint it up to sell it or??? Since it has been on the market for 281 or something days, I would want to know if it is overpriced or if it is just a poor economy or if there are structural problems etc. Meredith tends to have higher taxes than some other towns like Moultonborough which has a lot of lake front properties that helps the tax raise income. Good luck in whatever you find. Sounds like you have some good ideas.

The people on this Forum always seem warm and welcoming and I love the lakes region. One in a while someone can be harsh occasionally, but even one or two who might be harsh will seem to come along and be warm and friendly given some time. I assume that, like the rest of the world, the lakes region has some wonderful people and some not so wonderful people as well as everything in between. I have no idea on the gay issue but maybe ask if there is a group in the area or someone who is gay and knows how the atmosphere is and what their experience has been. You sound like you are well organized and know what you are doing. I wish you luck.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote