View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #23
CateP

Default We Made the Right Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
So CateP, what do you think of our collection of merry posters? Many of us see each other at Forum fests or at each other's local business establishments. I hope you become one of our friends on winnipesaukee.com. If you want to be "undercover", that's fine too. Welcome.
I think this is a fine band of merry posters and I love the idea that folks actually meet and greet. I have spent the last two hours checking out all the great info in the house section. We seem to be drawn to older houses in the real estate listings (much more interesting architecture) but are wary of all the potential problems. (We live in a 100+ year old house now). There is a house on 96 Pease Rd. Meredith that looks very lovely, but it was built in 1900. Worried about septic, old oil furnace etc. We're also wondering whether Pease Rd. is busy because we have two dogs. The property has almost 4 acres, but the actual house is pretty close to the road.

We plan on taking a trip up in March to look at some of the houses on our list. We'll be staying at the Inn at Mill Falls. For now, we just like to check the web cams and marvel at the many moods of the big lake.

P.S. Our house in NJ is filled with loon stuff and we've taken some incredible pictures of our loon friends on Jenness Pond in Northwood. (friendliest loons we've met). The Loon Center is another place I may volunteer, but I really want to hang with the kids at NSC in Holderness. I am a former classroom teacher,worked at Maine Audubon, and started my own environmental education summer camp in Maine that was a huge success for the years that I had the energy to be teaching kids year-round
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote