View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 PM   #442
MarkinNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
No, I don't mean perhaps he would have chosen to take the stand. In light of the previous incident that wouldn't have been a smart bet.
I meant perhaps if he had known he would be found guilty and lose his gun for life, he would have instead taken the plea bargain and only lost his gun for 2 years.
I am no judge, attorney or professor of the law nor do I know the details of the plea bargain but I believe that to have taken the plea bargain or be found guilty, Ward was loosing his right to own and possess firearms for life either way. A felon is a felon. Ward's decision was based on seeking the truth not in attempt to save his right to posses firearms.
My son, due to certain stupidity's in his younger life and due to his minor criminal record is not even "legally" allowed in my home due to the fact that there are firearms in my home. He cannot even "legally" ride in my truck for the same reason.
His legal rights as to firearms ownership or even being in a location where there are firearms, are gone for the rest of his life.