View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #26
Blue Thunder

Default and the beat goes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Your not questioning anything, your point of view is respected.... and I don't expect that everyone has bad experiences with Melvin Village or they would not have stayed in business for the many years they have. Unfortunately my run ins with them have not been what I would have expected. Now having said that could some of there attitude come from seeing the Winnisquam marine logo on the back of my boat, I suppose it could.... but in my mind, if they are a Four Winns dealer and I bring them a Four Winns boat it shouldn't matter where I bought it....

Dealerships make the money through service.... just like car dealers.... its not the sales that make the business work it is the service. Unfortunately I feel the service at Melvin Village is not what it should be... But plenty, such as your self have had good dealing with them... which is appearent, they are thriving, and their racks are full every winter....
This issue over MVM and their service policies has been debated multiple times over the years here. I am an MVM customer, tried and true and I understand both sides. To state the service at MVM "is not what it should be" is just plain inaccurate. They are the only Four Winns dealer in the entire Northeast to attain a factory designated Customer Satisfaction Rating of 100%. That doesn't come easy. They are a small operation selling a lot of Four Winns boats (among others) with an oustanding service department and very low employee turnover. There's something to be said for that.

Blue Thunder

Last edited by Blue Thunder; 09-02-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote