View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #21
Long Pine

I don't mean to question gtagrip's or LIForRelaxin's experience with Melvin Village Marina but just wanted to provide another point of view. First of all, I should say that when I was shopping for a used boat, I talked to the folks at Winnisquam Marine and they were great - they just didn't have what I was looking for. I bought a used Four Winns from another dealer on the lake (not Melvin Village) but since it was originally sold and serviced by Melvin Village, they were fine with continuing to service it. Since then, I have had great experiences with them in every instance. I have not compared their prices to others on the lake so I can't comment on that but I have never felt that they were trying to inflate bills. On the contrary, their service manager has spent time on the phone with me walking me through some do-it-myself projects/maintenance on the boat that they never got paid for. I imagine that if they told me they didn't want to service the boat I bought, I might feel differently about their policy. I suppose it would feel most unfair to someone who bought their boat in another state (never having had an opportunity to buy from MV), then move to Winni and contact the only on-lake FW dealer, only to find out that they won't service their boat. Having said all that though, I feel like they do take good care of the people who buy their boats through them.
Long Pine is offline   Reply With Quote