View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #20
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
I had the same experience you did with Melvin Village a few years ago. I was surprised to say the least at how I was treated. I don't care if they are the only Four Winns dealer on the lake, would never buy a Four Winns from them just souly because of their attitude.
Melvin Village has always had a poor attitude unless you buy your boat from them. I have been lucky my Uncle has always bought his boats there and has had them serviced there.... So on occasion I am able to get their assistance, with my boat, but only because they don't want to loose my uncles business.

I have always found there service dept only interested in running up bills and doing unnecessary work, more then once they have done unauthorized work to my uncles boat. Fortunately for them my uncle pays. I have also noted on more the one occasion that they search for ways to make a repair not fall under warranty... They should have fixed something for my uncle last year but they didn't, and now the warranty period is over... so guess what he is going to have to pay for it... why? because they forgot to look at it when the put the dam boat away for the winter like they promised him they would.

At some point, don't be surprised to see Four Winns pull out of Melvin Village....