View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
cowisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Speed Limits have nothing to do with what going on... although this is a humorous interjection at least to some of us

Now as to why some of this shake up is going on, companies are being bought and sold, consolidated and broken apart. This is happening in every industry as this happens at times you end up with Marina's selling boats from to different parent companies and sometimes that doesn't go over well.

The other issue you have going one is what they different boat manufactures are making the marina's carry for a floor plan while a successful marina, like Winnisquam Marine, who has weather this economic storm quite well may have the financial backing to afford the floor plans from multiple boat MFG, other may be struggling to do so.

Now if that isn't enough, the manufactures review there retailers, if they feel a retailer is not representing them well, they warn them, if they don't do anything they don't renew there contract. I will not mention names but I watched this happen, to a marina in the lakes region if left both sides very bitter.

Now a couple of personal notes on a few issues touched in this thread.

First Service from Winnisquam Marine... it is top notch... if you own a crownline they will honor the warranties and work with you to make sure you are satisfied... I bought my Four Winns from them and they have been out standing through the years... even though I don't have the regular maintenance performed at their shop do to convience, they still welcome me with open arms when I go in form Four Winns specific issues.

Now as for LakePort Landing and Formula, this was something that was going to happen, we all know why and I don't think anything more needs to be said about it.
I think of performance boats when Formula comes to mind. Excuse the speed limit reference but I bet that it didnt help them with sales. I know a few people at Channel who had similar concerns when the SL issue was happening with their Baja line(now defunct).
cowisl is offline   Reply With Quote