View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
sunset on the dock

One more thing about the noise. I guess a lot of one's perception has to do with where you reside. For example, if you live on the east side of Rattlesnake Is. then the traffic is less likely to be hugging the shore and the noise issue will be less of a problem. If you live near the entrance to Winter Harbor then it will be a different story. I would be impressed if SBONH were to embrace tougher noise standards (lower decibel limits) with tougher fines for violators. Yes, the safety inspections and all is a good start but what will really win over the skeptics from the other side, as per my initial post on this thread, will be a committment to making the performance boats less intrusive to people who come to the lake for a more tranquil experience. And yes, one could argue that if the noise bothers you than you should move to a quieter lake yet many were here before noise was this big a problem. It's unlikely that I'll move away from family and long time friends...most people will fight to preserve what is important to them rather than throwing in the towel and running away. SOTD
sunset on the dock is offline   Reply With Quote