View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #14
BackBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by joj129 View Post
Seriously, I think a couple of you have missed the point of this forum. I put the original posting up because I love the Owl's Nest food and hospitality. I looked at the cabins and found them to be clean and adorable. We will stay there next time we have a vacation. As far as the dock goes, the neighbor who maliciously pulled the dock out obviously has never heard the saying what goes around comes around. Bad karma is not something I want to mess with. The King's are very nice people who have done an amazing job with the property. It looks so much nicer than in the past with extensive cabin renovations and ongoing changes to landscaping. If you'd like to find out the legalities of what has gone on, I suggest you stop in to use the store, have brunch on Sunday OR have a lobster roll (which Jackson B so nicely told us about) and chat with Mike King. You will not find a nicer man.
I was out on the boat the other day and I saw Winni Constuction and town employees taking down the dock so I figured I'd check things out. Having been in such bad shape for the past couple of years, I really just assumed it was being replaced! Well, it seems I've been missing out on some things! Because of the obvious growing animosity in these posts, I re-read everything really carefully. Most recently, JOJ129, I wonder about the post above because you posted it before I personally watched the dock coming down. That immediately made me question the validity of your comments...

Your first post - the one that started out this thread - almost seems like an ad - like something the owner of a business might post. I'm just sayin'... And your comments about the "malicious" act of the neighbor?
  • First of all, I watched the whole thing, and it seemed to me that the town was the one involved.
  • Also, in your initial post, you said you were visiting the area; do you actually know this "malicious" neighbor?
  • And, being from out of town, how is it that you know the dock came down? (and before it actually DID come down, at that!)
As an aside, this posting also sounds like an ad - like something the owner of a business might post. I'm just sayin'... (again)
Regardless, your comment "what goes around comes around" sounds almost threatening. Winni.com has rules about that.

I don't know about anyone else, but with such animosity on the thread, if I want more info on the legalities, I think I'll go to the courthouse or the cops rather than speak with Mike King. I'm kind of questioning his objectivity at this point. And afterall, it's summertime, and I can't get there by boat.
BackBay is offline   Reply With Quote