View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #43
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I tend to agree with this statement. I was surprised completely by this particular law when I began boating in NH. I do believe it is one that should be revised maybe not complete overturned but definitely revised.

All they have to do to keep people from permanently mooring somewhere as No Bozo suggests will happen is add a clause....

A amended law should include the following:

Mooring overnight is allow given the following
1) the vessel has antiquate bathroom facilities,
2) the vessel is not moored in the same general location for more the X number of nights
3) the vessel is moored and a safe a prudent manner based on the prevailing conditions and location
To a boater this idea sounds pretty good. Waterfront property owners see a disaster in the making. If 50 or 100 boats did this then no problem. However Winnipesaukee is very popular. What if 500 or 5,000 boaters think this is a good idea. Imagine fifty boats anchored in a small cove for "x" nights. If you have more than a couple of dozen boats at least one or two will be playing loud music until 3 am.

And what is the difference if a given boat moves after "x" nights if another boat immediately takes it's place.

The cost of waterfront rentals is very high. No problem, put a porta-potty on the boat and you have an instant lake home. Let's be real, this is EXACTLY the scenario this law exists to prevent.
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote