View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #15
Steveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipesaukee Divers View Post
I know, they are long and drawn out, but there are loopholes in it.

The short version is:
• A line ashore
• A written permission note form the adjacent land owner
• Anchor light on at all times (during the dark hours)
• If you have toilet faculties on board, must have current state environmental permit
• Plus all the state required safety gear. (Life jackets, sound producing device... ect.)

I've had the rules cited to me chapter and verse more times than I care to remember. However, if you're on a mooring they most likely won't bother you unless someone complains and if you have met the requirements listed above your good to stay.
They (MPs) just want to make sure you’re a welcome guest if you’re anchored out in front of someone’s home.
I think what you are referring to is a beach/grounded boat is OK with line to shore as quoted from Boater Education course:

Occupied or unoccupied houseboats may be beached, grounded, or tied to the shore of any of the inland surface waters of the state for an overnight period, or any part of an overnight period, only when on or at a location owned, leased, or permitted by the owner. Also, the owner, lessee, or person with permission of the owner must give written notice of this fact promptly to the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote