View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
bigdog

Default Engine running rough.... Here we go again !

Regarding the gnition Module Assembly...

Wow, never knew this little part (Ignition Module), have caused so many issues, for so many people ! Some of your stories must have been frustrating, especially if you got stuck and had to be towed !

FYI, Distributor Cap & Rotor changed last Fall.

Well, I was able to get to my Distributor. Had to dismantle several pieces of couling/covers around the engine. Like I said, my engine compartment is extrmely difficult to work around. Even with these pieces removed, I don't have a easy access to the Distributor.

Distributor had three screw type bolts which holds it in place. And one phillips type screw, also on the cover which didn't look like the others ? Not sure what that screw is for?

Pulled Dist. cap off with plug wires intact. I can see inside the Dist., and see Rotor on top. I cannot see anything else ? I tried to pull off the Rotor, but it didn't budge. I think I remember that someone said that it may be held in place with 'Locktite' ? Anyway this is as far as I got, and had to stop cause of darkness.

Afraid to pry-off Rotor with 2 screwdrivers as somene indicated. for fear of breakage ! That wouldn't make my week !

At this point I may haul boat to marina in Gilford area, to have them complete the job. Everything is basically dismantled at this point, and think marina should be able to install the Ignition Module in less than an hour ?
Ya Think?

The only problem now, is finding a marina that will do this now, just before the 4th of July holiday w/e ?

Going to make some quick calls in the morning to see which marina can accomodate.

Oh, A BIG THANKS 'Baja Guy' for sharing that Mercruiser shop manuals with the Forum ! http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=342393

BD

Last edited by bigdog; 06-29-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: spelling
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote