View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #362
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Thanks, boatguy64, for the story of what happened. I just can't imagine what it must have been like the second you all realized the boat was indeed going down. Must have caused some sleepless nights.
As an aside...I'm curious about something, and would welcome advise from anyone...
We always run the boat with the battery switch on "Both", yet you stated that is not the correct way to operate. Are you certain? I guess I just never ask anyone...just the way I was taught after the switch was installed. Maybe I just assumed...
This all depends on the boat and its set up actually. I personally run mine on one only. This way if after a day rafting or if there is a charging problem you have the second to start. Also in some boats there is a battery specifically for starting and one for sitting. Normally this is done when there are battery "banks" for overnight and larger power draws over time and / or larger engines that need a bigger boost.

There was actually a good article in the last Powerboat Mag. edition that talks specifically about this.

So to answer your question.... it all depends. sorry for being so vague.