View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #16
Redwing
Deceased Member

Location: New Haven, Connecticut and summer resident of Moultonborough, NH since 1952
Default A plug for the Transfer station attendants

I have observed that the current transfer station attendants are extremely customer service oriented and most helpful, much more so than in previous years.

In years past, we would send my then 80 year old mother and her 80 year old friend to the dump on occasions when we had lots of items that would normally require a disposal fee. My mother at that time was a resident of Moultonborough with NH plates on her car, and the attendants - upon seeing her - would smile happily at her sight, wave her over to the appropriate station, unload the items for her, and not charge her one penny. Had I gone over in my car with CT plates, I am certain the fee would have been applied (as it had in previous transfer station runs that I had made).

This past summer I was cleaning out an area at the cottage with many old, old, mildew books (from water damage), and brought two large boxes to the transfer station. I was told that the paperbacks were fine for recycling, but the hard covers needed to be torn off of each book. The transfer station attendant proceeded to take my boxes and removed all of the hard covers himself. Very much appreciated, and as helpful and cheerful as he could be.
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote