View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #573
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
Yes, if for no other reason than he is stating a fact. I agree the SL does indeed address safety problems but for the most part my concerns center around the "other" benefits of a SL (see my post from 07:44 today).
Sunset, you get better and better with each post about what the SL law has done for us folks who like to Kayak, Canoe, and swim on Lake Winni. As I have said in other posts, this year was one of the most enjoyable summers on the Lake that I and my family have had in many years. My friends who also like to swim and boat around the Lake have said the same thing.
I can understand why some people love the speed and sound of these powerful speed boats, but they have a time and place for them and Lake Winni is not one of them. The engines in these boats need to run at a certain RPM for a certain amount of time in order for them to stay healthy. That means if you use them on Lake Winni you will have to run them at a speed that makes it unsafe for other Lake users. GFB’s were designed to be used for racing on the high seas and not for Lakes that are used for recreational boating.
If GFB owners want to cruise around Lake Winni and enjoy what it has to offer then there is nothing wrong with that. But they should stay within the SL at all times so the rest of us folks can enjoy the Lake also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yosemite Sam For This Useful Post: