View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #516
DoTheMath

Default Wow!

ok, seriously - I can take it anymore... I've kept pretty much to myself on this 'til now but, El is totally off the reservation! Now he or she is working on "conspiracy theories"!? Really!? How incredibly narrow-minded and neurotic can one person be!? Get out and see the world El, talk to people, see what life is all about - it's a big wonderful world out there - I've seen a lot of it, I know! Talk about manipulating the system and slinging propaganda - in all honesty El, just GIVE IT UP and go away!

I look at everyone else on this forum, hazelnut, OCD, BH, airwaves, sunset, sam, BI, et al... all of us have our opinions on the SL, noise ordinance, etc and yet we all have one thing in common. We all are passionate about the lake, we care about the lake and the people we share it with and we all want to keep it safe and enjoyable for generations to come! Somehow, everyone else has managed to acknowledge each-others differences and yet realized that is what makes us all individuals. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all believed in the same thing, drove the same car, ate the same foods, watched the same tv show... How mundane would life be!? (that was not a rhetorical question, btw...).

Honestly - at the end of the day, I don't care if you support a speed limit or not, I might not agree with you but I certainly don't dislike people over something as simple as an opinion. I love traveling and meeting new people, enjoying new cultures and traditions, it's what makes my life rich! I have made - and still have - some great friends, just by taking a chance on getting to know someone. If I don't like you, I'll just walk away - I'm certainly not going to "get into it" with someone over a difference of opinion - really!! Case-in-point, I have never met or directly spoken to OCD on this forum, but I offered to help him in the spring with his boat. Yeah, that means taking a day - or two, or whatever - and driving to wherever, giving up time that I might be doing something else with, to help someone I never met! Imagine that!? Is that insane of me to do that, what if he is a lunatic and kidnaps me and holds me for ransom!? I guess I'll take my chances - huhl!? Wait, he is a "cult member" too, I am just starting to put all this together now... oh my, what HAVE I gotten myself into!? (for those of you that need clarification, that was me being pretty sarcastic about the whole topic).

In any event, I'm still in for the initial meeting, and I hope everyone that is genuinely interested in meeting some GOOD, sane and rational people look to show up as well. I don't even care if we discuss the SL, just to avoid the first meeting from becoming possibly "contentious", or any other issues people might think to be a concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to DoTheMath For This Useful Post: