View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #34
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
"...Surprisingly enough I support APS in his efforts. Although I disagree with many aspects of his thoughts on the matter he has always stayed true to his own opinions. He keeps his posts very much to the point. And frankly no hidden agenda..."
Supporters all have their individual reasons. My points are decidedly different than Bear Islander's, who now needs to focus his gaze at the 2008 Coast Guard stats under "Horsepower".

Quote:
"...A valid opinion and he has stuck to it with his thousands of multipost postings...APS please correct me if I am wrong in my interpretation after reading hundreds of your posts..."
OK... (And I won't call you "insurgents", or the "Taliban of the Lake").

Quote:
"...He doesn't like GFB for the noise they make, the speed limit is just the beginning in which to reduce GFB's and noise.
Correction: The ILLEGAL noise GFBs make—hence—GFBL).

Quote:
"...You...can sum up his position in one sentance...":
Try these sentences :

1) If a GFBL concern for other boaters could be summarized in one word, it would be "Dismissive".

What compromise offered by Supporters was EVER adopted by Opponents?

2) Too few of your dozen Opponents has ever commented on Winnipesaukee's natural splendors.

(Natural splendors don't include the bar-scene "mutual admiration" of plastic boats having expensive paint jobs done hours away from the New Hampshire economy).

3) Too few have ever shown concern for the rights of other boaters. They want to "share the lake", but complain about the sailboats, the bowriders and the pontoon boats in their way—the kayaks that "can't be seen".

4) None has ever shown concern over their part in wildlife mortality.

5) None have ever been seen picking up storm debris.

6) This year, ONE has been praised for towing another boat! Can someone tell me why that is even significant?

Is it "The Exception that Proves the Rule"?

7) Boating used to be polite—with mutual waves—and relatively care-free; today, it's always "Do Unto Others", until someone gets "done".

8) Today, many must look over our shoulder at any approaching noise, and some of us are on dry land !!!

9) After DECADES of Lake Winnipesaukee quietude, too many oversized six-wheel trailers deliver too many oversized OCEAN-design racers to this INLAND lake, who now ILLEGALLY take oversized advantage of "The N. H. WAY", while taking too many oversized chunks out of other boaters' ACRES of scenic enjoyments on clear water—while trying to breathe clean air.

Quote:
"...APS sometimes makes comments that are debatable thats what this is for..."
Debate is what is supposed to occur at a Forum.

Although we are all invited to share the bandwidth here, a cult of perceived power is shutting off debate!

A monopoly of Authoritarianism has been brought to a forum formerly devoted to a free expression of ideas; indeed, the SL subforum has become the "camel's nose under the tent" of the 1st Amendment!

(Which, BTW, parallels events seen in today's headlines ).