View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
WeirsBeachBoater

I have tried to stay out of the SL debate for some time now. But I can't sit here tonight and not write this. I spent 4 yrs working against the speed limit. Back when it was grass roots, even before winnfabs was formed etc. I was a member of NHRBA, and quite frankly, the biggest reason the speed limit got through was because too many people sat at their keyboards or at home saying " it will never happen". Guess what.... it did, and it will not go away as long as the majority of the opposition doesn't speak. We were out voiced in Concord, but more importantly we were beat in the MEDIA. They (winnfabs) won, and you know why, they got the non boating public to believe that Winnipesaukee had become more dangerous than the wild west. What really is sickening, is that Winnfabs is really only about a handful of people. If you attended the hearings and the lobbying in Concord it was the same 6-8 people there everytime! They did do a good job of raising money, and they are well funded. But come on, we can sit here for days and kick this around winni.com. But what really needs to happen is a big time push in the Media to prove they are not only Wrong, but lying to the non boating public to instill fear and sway them into calling the reps and senators to keep this law on the books. I will leave you with this, GET INVOLVED, that is the only way it will get defeated. I know that I am done, I gave it all, and have other responsibilities now that keep me from going on with this cause. I hope someone steps up and leads the charge for this next phase. -WBB
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WeirsBeachBoater For This Useful Post: