View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 AM   #29
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
People are still going through the NWZ at cruising speeds. It happens every day but I can't give you numbers. The Marine Patrol hang out "around the corner" quite often and do boat stops. Sometimes they get people going through at high speed but mostly they are stopping boats that are going a little to fast to be considered "no wake".

They also regularly stop multiple PWCs outside the NWZ, I assume for being to close together. I guess there is a common belief that PWCs traveling together don't need to stay 150' apart. The MP explain this error.

All in all things were a lot quieter this summer. I like to think the SL is a big part of that but who can say? I do think the SL is at least a little part of the improvement.
I'm sure you caught heck for your last post, which seemed more like a Cowboy Mentality to me. It's far more beneficial for everyone involved in these "discussions" if people didn't feel such pressure to stick to one side or another. Except for you and me BI, there really isn't anyone else that mentions the BI NWZ, especially on your "side" of this issue. I personally, find violations of NWZ's to be irritating at best, at least very annoying.

You bring a fair game to the discussion BI, and I always respect your positions, whenever you're not reluctant to show them. Your post above, as compared to others on the very same subject, are not consistent observations. Believe me, there are many people that are against the speed limit that support your positions in some areas, particularly the safety aspect. The biggest thing we all offered for those like yourself, is a constant discussion towards enforcement of the obvious laws, and necessary MP support. One of the many areas the SL crowd is pretty weak in.