View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
I'll try this again.......

Have you discussed this year's lack of noise and speeders with BI? He posted not long ago that there are so many boats and some PWC's that go full throttle through the Bear Island NWZ that he thought it would be burdensome to call the MP every time it happened.

We discussed the BI NWZ at length last year, because I was bewildered as to why the MP wouldn't park near such an obvious violation zone. So maybe BI can give you a heads up as to how many "a select few" is.
People are still going through the NWZ at cruising speeds. It happens every day but I can't give you numbers. The Marine Patrol hang out "around the corner" quite often and do boat stops. Sometimes they get people going through at high speed but mostly they are stopping boats that are going a little to fast to be considered "no wake".

They also regularly stop multiple PWCs outside the NWZ, I assume for being to close together. I guess there is a common belief that PWCs traveling together don't need to stay 150' apart. The MP explain this error.

All in all things were a lot quieter this summer. I like to think the SL is a big part of that but who can say? I do think the SL is at least a little part of the improvement.