View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
Airwaves

Originally posted by TurtleBoy
Quote:
We live in an channel but wide enough so there's not a NWZ. The boats used to tear through here at all sorts of ungodly speeds (including last year at $4.50/gal). And the sound was deafening. This year I may have seen an occasional boat possibly going faster than 45 MPH in this part of the lake but the difference is like night and day. And putting the safety issue aside (unlikely to ever be agreement there), people who have come here comment on how much more quiet the lake is...it's great. A select few should not be allowed to ruin the lake experience for everybody. I would be very much reluctant to give up these hard fought gains we've achieved for Winni.
So you live in a part of the lake that SOUND is an issue? This is why you support a speed limit because NOISE is an issue? Then be truthful and support a law that allows High Performance boats to legally use sound dampeners...switchable exhaust is currently illegal in NH!

Originally posted by VtSteve
Quote:
Have you discussed this year's lack of noise and speeders with BI? He posted not long ago that there are so many boats and some PWC's that go full throttle through the Bear Island NWZ that he thought it would be burdensome to call the MP every time it happened.
I made it a point to go throught BI's channel this year to see what he was complaining about. I saw Mama Bear on the dock and BI up on the deck but as far as boats violating the NWZ? I personally witnesses several large boats coming up to the NW sign, each and every one dropped to headway speed when they arrived at the NWZ sign as required by law.