View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
woodynh

Default I have seen the opposite guess it depends on where you are on the lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Are we talking about the same lake? We live in an channel but wide enough so there's not a NWZ. The boats used to tear through here at all sorts of ungodly speeds (including last year at $4.50/gal). And the sound was deafening. This year I may have seen an occasional boat possibly going faster than 45 MPH in this part of the lake but the difference is like night and day. And putting the safety issue aside (unlikely to ever be agreement there), people who have come here comment on how much more quiet the lake is...it's great. A select few should not be allowed to ruin the lake experience for everybody. I would be very much reluctant to give up these hard fought gains we've achieved for Winni.
I live in bay that basically if the MP's aren't there then you can't be caught and there is only one way in and you can see them coming. Seems this year there has been more very fast watercrafts especially. I figured that they were afraid of getting caught speeding on the open lake so they duck in this bay to play and speed. I don't remember so many at these fast speeds in previous years but maybe.