View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
wifi

Default The devils advocate

The accusations, by themselves sound pretty devastating and IF TB was directly responsible for this, then he should be hung, but I have reason to pause and reflect.

I had been in contact with TB in the very early Spring in reference to his treks thru my land up there. He left nary a bread crumb (well... maybe he did and the mice got it, but nothing was disturbed ) Did he do what was claimed, or did someone else? Innocent until proven guilty? Producing maps, well, what is the difference with the town publishing, on the internet, your house plans (and those of our schools), allegedly for tax purposes, claiming they are public information?

Now, lets consider the accusers. This is a family forum, so I can't say what is on my mind, suffice it to say I spent a small fortune defending, for almost a decade, my land against legal attacks from these very people. They attacked specifically to drive me out. Since I was in the total right, I won in the end, but the off the wall accusations of me and my family in court were mind boggling. All misleading total lies to shock the court.

So, did TB do this? Did the owners invent some of the evidence to close (privatize) their land? Before jumping on the word "privatize", this land is under current use, meaning they get a substantial tax break in exchange for the public being able to hike (fish, etc) the land. (NO, not cut trees, but we don't know really who did this, do we?).

So, my question is, now that the land is off limits to the public, and the public is abating the land owner for giving the public access to the land, will their taxes change back to the full amount? Lemme take a guess, an army of lawyers will descend......

As was said before, there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between. I'll wait the final verdict on this, if there is anything more than just accusations thrown about, my mind will be as open as possible.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote