View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #77
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
I think Legislating Winni as a particular body of water is appropriate based on its size. I have boated on Ossippee before and would never condone a 60+ speed limit on a lake that size.

re. Enforceability...I think the MPs could figure out 500' pretty easy...Dont they have a radar that can tell them that now?

I would love to hear any Compromises from the SL supporters. 45mph is just too slow for certain conditions with certain boats.

I will give you a quick example, last Saturday there was a gentleman and his wife in a Powerquest..I followed him from West Alton to near the Weirs. I was only limping along around 35-40 because it was kind of choppy and the wife told me to relax ...anyway the Powerquest was giving it all she had...I think it was a dual motor beast....he would drop the hammer and had to be in the 60s at least, but as soon as another boat came anywhere near him-I would estimate within 700' of him he backed right down to the 30 range)

Even my wife who is a SL Supporter (the real funny part is the Baja is her toy-I just get to drive it and clean it for her!!!) She said, I guess if you speed like the Powerquest and are considerate of others there really is not a problem...
Onlywinni,

What a post.... I only hope you and wife can stay on talking terms about this issue.... and well.... at least she lets you drive it.... but I think you need to work on the comprimise about cleaning it!!!!!!

Also onlywinni shows a good example here of a considerate boater.... Cudo's to the guy in the powerquest if he is listening.... Once again a sign that there are many considerate boaters out there... its the few idiots that make it bad for those of us that have been around for a while.....