Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Got this message from lakeporter65 this afternoon (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25591)

gillygirl 04-11-2020 04:03 PM

Got this message from lakeporter65 this afternoon

It said

"PLEASE STOP TALKING

What a stupid person you must be in real life."

It's been reported.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Winilyme 04-11-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillygirl (Post 331506)
It said

"PLEASE STOP TALKING

It's been reported.

If that is so, then it's time to boot him out. I for one won't miss him.

Sue Doe-Nym 04-11-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

It said

"PLEASE STOP TALKING

It's been reported.

I received a PM from him about a week ago, referring to me as a b**** and saying my family must detest me....really classy stuff. I decided to ignore him....what a sicko.

Susie Cougar 04-11-2020 04:29 PM

Wow, this is terrible! Is he just attacking girls?

Sue Doe-Nym 04-11-2020 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 331511)
Wow, this is terrible! Is he just attacking girls?

Probably, but who knows? I have to say that I thought his message was creepy , “off” really. Well adjusted people don’t behave that way.

thinkxingu 04-11-2020 04:44 PM

This is not ok. As Top-Water and I pointed out, he's had a couple different aliases here. I hope all are removed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

FlyingScot 04-11-2020 04:48 PM

Sorry to hear about both of these PMs. To Susie's point--it is curious that the common denominator to the attacks is gender not politics. But whatever the motivation/cause, he needs to go

Susie Cougar 04-11-2020 04:48 PM

How do you know that he had different aliases? And why would he be doing that?

upthesaukee 04-11-2020 04:50 PM

Report it

Gilly girl, I hope you passed this info on to the Webmaster. I'm sure he would like to be aware of this type of behavior.
Sorry you had to put up with this stuff.

Dave

gillygirl 04-11-2020 05:37 PM

Yes, I did report it, but decided to post here as well to show everyone who we're dealing with. I did not respond to his message.

I, too, would like to know the other aliases.

thinkxingu 04-11-2020 05:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susie Cougar (Post 331519)
How do you know that he had different aliases? And why would he be doing that?

Because he used the same video a couple times and has the same MO/syntax/gripes. And why? Because he's a sad person. (Lakeporter65 = nitrovandam = kickinbassnh). Here's the link: https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=25450 Attachment 15822

Mr. V 04-11-2020 06:25 PM

Internet trolls like this guy like to "talk tough" due I believe to low self-esteem, likely brought on by feeling deficient / short-changed by life.

Whatever, see ya ...

winni83 04-11-2020 08:22 PM

In addition to being a misogynist, he is also likely a coward and not a very intelligent one at that.

Sue Doe-Nym 04-11-2020 08:30 PM

Bingo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by winni83 (Post 331543)
In addition to being a misogynist, he is also likely a coward and not a very intelligent one at that.

I agree with you 100%. I would guess that he’s enjoying reading all these comments about him..... we should shut down this source of fun. Getting him off the forum would get my vote.

Sue Doe-Nym 04-11-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 331546)
Sue ..... would you like a photo of him?

Is this a trick question? ��
Oh, good grief! What a great likeness of him!

JEEPONLY 04-11-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 331549)
Correction:

I think his first posts were last summer not last fall. Most everybody spoted him right out.

Thread:
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=24563

Sick stuff!!!

Biggd 04-12-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

It said

"PLEASE STOP TALKING

It's been reported.

I got three nasty PM's from this lunatic and reported him.
But when I posted that he was a troll and should be banned I got flack on here? :(

webmaster 04-12-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top-Water (Post 331538)
Ermmm!!! :(:( (sadly more work for the admin)

I'm sure the administrator will take care of this when he gets a moment.

I've actually been doing a lot behind the scenes this week to slow down a few trolls and other members who were turning what could be productive threads into political battlegrounds and bickering. I can't eliminate all politics and bickering but I think things have improved in the last week.

After some digging it appears that lakeporter65 did have at least 4 aliases in the past. All are now closely moderated and visitor messaging has been disabled.

My hope when I opened the COVID-19 area of the forum that, like the rest of this site, it would be mostly limited to how it was affecting Lakes Region businesses, activities, residents and visitors. If you want to make political statements this is really the wrong place for that. We should be able to have discussions and exchange information on this forum without the political animus. There are plenty of other sites for that.

Please help by keeping your comments within the context of the Lakes Region whenever possible. I can see that most of you are trying to do that while a few trolls unfortunately get all the attention.

thinkxingu 04-12-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 331582)
I've actually been doing a lot behind the scenes this week to slow down a few trolls and other members who were turning what could be productive threads into political battlegrounds and bickering. I can't eliminate all politics and bickering but I think things have improved in the last week.

After some digging it appears that lakeporter65 did have at least 4 aliases in the past. All are now closely moderated and visitor messaging has been disabled.

My hope when I opened the COVID-19 area of the forum that, like the rest of this site, it would be mostly limited to how it was affecting Lakes Region businesses, activities, residents and visitors. If you want to make political statements this is really the wrong place for that. We should be able to have discussions and exchange information on this forum without the political animus. There are plenty of other sites for that.

Please help by keeping your comments within the context of the Lakes Region whenever possible. I can see that most of you are trying to do that while a few trolls unfortunately get all the attention.

You're doing a great job, thanks!
I know of 3 aliases, but I NEED to know the 4th!
One question, though: why heavily moderated rather than removed?

Donzi Minx 04-12-2020 08:55 AM

Reply to Thread

I haven't posted for a while, so first HAPPY EASTER to all. This Easter feels a bit like a restrained celebration of Christianity, when it should be a joyous day for all.

I must apologize as I have a tendency to be to the right of Rush Limbaugh. Some of my posts / threads have peppered political cynicism which need to be toned down. This whole forum is about what a higher entity has given to us and that is the Lake. Don you do an outstanding job.

For boomers, we have never experienced anything quite like this, I remind my own brood that is probably a rehearsal for their time on Terra firma. Resilient we are. The minx has a liberal dose of anti-microbial in anticipation of the first dip in May.

To all stay well, be well, go easy.

webmaster 04-13-2020 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 331588)
I know of 3 aliases, but I NEED to know the 4th!

It's 4 in total, including "lakeporter65". I'll leave it to you forum detectives to figure out the other 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 331588)
One question, though: why heavily moderated rather than removed?

I prefer moderation to banning. It's very close since nothing appears without approval. If a moderated member posts something reasonable that contributes to the thread I'll usually approve it.

thinkxingu 04-13-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 331656)
It's 4 in total, including "lakeporter65". I'll leave it to you forum detectives to figure out the other 3.

I prefer moderation to banning. It's very close since nothing appears without approval. If a moderated member posts something reasonable that contributes to the thread I'll usually approve it.

Understood, thanks!

FlyingScot 04-13-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 331656)

You are a very kind person. The rest of us would not be as generous with our time to someone who has abused the forum repeatedly. Maybe one reason this is such a good place despite the split views on difficult topics? (I really don't know, it just strikes me as interesting.) Cheers