Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Association fee poll (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28215)

DBreskin 08-10-2022 06:12 AM

Association fee poll

The 30 homes in my Wolfeboro community have an owners’ association. The annual $800 assessment is primarily for maintenance and repair of the one mile of private road (plowing, repaving, etc). The assessment hasn’t changed in 20 years.

Some owners are unhappy about the assessment. They believe it is costlier than in neighboring communities, and for fewer services.

I’d like to be able to compare our assessment with other Wolfeboro communities. Can anyone in this forum share the monthly/annual costs for other associations?

rsmlp 08-10-2022 06:22 AM

in moultonboro

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBreskin (Post 374769)
The 30 homes in my Wolfeboro community have an owners’ association. The annual $800 assessment is primarily for maintenance and repair of the one mile of private road (plowing, repaving, etc). The assessment hasn’t changed in 20 years.

Some owners are unhappy about the assessment. They believe it is costlier than in neighboring communities, and for fewer services.

I’d like to be able to compare our assessment with other Wolfeboro communities. Can anyone in this forum share the monthly/annual costs for other associations?

$1400 in moultonboro

joey2665 08-10-2022 06:34 AM

Association fee poll

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBreskin (Post 374769)

Hard to compare as amenities differ so much from HOA to HOA. but I cal tell you that 800.00 per year to maintain a one mile road including plowing repair and repaving is extremely reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 08-10-2022 06:38 AM

Are you looking for year-round home associations or seasonal, too?

Arcadia will be $18xx next year, but that includes all roads; 6 bathhouses/laundry rooms; a rec hall; tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts; playground; etc. etc.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

DBreskin 08-10-2022 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 374773)
Are you looking for year-round home associations or seasonal, too?

I’m not sure that matters in our case. All but 3 of the homes in our community are year-round permanent residents.

DBreskin 08-10-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmlp (Post 374770)
$1400 in moultonboro

I assume that’s an annual assessment. What services does it include?

DBreskin 08-10-2022 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 374771)
Hard to compare as amenities differ so much from HOA to HOA. but I cal tell you that 800.00 per year to maintain a one mile road including plowing repair and repaving is extremely reasonable.

Additionally, the road is steep. It rises about 300 feet along its length, with short sections up to 25 degree incline.

joey2665 08-10-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBreskin (Post 374778)
Additionally, the road is steep. It rises about 300 feet along its length, with short sections up to 25 degree incline.

Then the owners that don’t like the charge should actually feel very fortunate. That is a true bargain.

sawyerpoint 08-10-2022 02:56 PM

#31 homes in Sawyerpoint Assoc with 3 miles of dirt roads Cost for road maintenance and plowing js $385

camp guy 08-10-2022 04:47 PM

Association fees

31 x $385. = $11935.00. What does this annual money pay for?, and what happens if the actual expenses exceed the annual income? IMHO, this seems low for total maintenance. Also, what happens to any accumulated excess over time?

Tufty4me 08-10-2022 05:28 PM

Association Fees

We are in Tuftonboro.
Approximately 1.5 miles of packed gravel roads.
Our annual HOA is $500.
Includes road maintenance/plowing and property maintenance of common areas (mowing, leaf blowing, trimming).
HOA still under construction, many trucks requiring grading of road surface
and filling of potholes.
50+ home sites, 21 full-time residents, 5 part-time, 25 under construction,
3 lots available.

Descant 08-19-2022 11:27 AM

Am I correct that the HOA road assessment includes a sum for property taxes? Different in each town? How much goes into reserve fund for major rebuild/reconstruction? Seems like in smaller associations a larger percent would have to go to reserves.

neckdweller 08-22-2022 02:55 PM

Half mile private dirt road in Moultonboro. 13 homes and it's $300-$350 per year. That pays for post mud season road maintenance and may or may not have to include some other small stuff like tree work. Plowing is done by the town.

DBreskin 08-22-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 375290)
Am I correct that the HOA road assessment includes a sum for property taxes? Different in each town? How much goes into reserve fund for major rebuild/reconstruction? Seems like in smaller associations a larger percent would have to go to reserves.

Our assessment does not include property taxes; those are assessed by the town separately for each owner with their individual property taxes.
We try to put 10% of the income toward reserve each year.

BoatHouse 08-23-2022 05:49 PM

Small 9 home community with ¼ mile road, beach, docks and moorings. $400 per year. $150 for annual expenses and $250 for reserve fund.