Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Singing toilets ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23111)

bigdog 03-21-2018 12:45 PM

Singing toilets ?

Two of my toilets in the house have recently developed a high-pitched noise when flushed. Almost sounds like a cat M-E-O-W ! Very strange.

I replaced the 'flapper' in one of the toilets to test if that was the problem, but makes no difference.

Thoughts ?

Hillcountry 03-21-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 292298)
Two of my toilets in the house have recently developed a high-pitched noise when flushed. Almost sounds like a cat M-E-O-W ! Very strange.

I replaced the 'flapper' in one of the toilets to test if that was the problem, but makes no difference.

Thoughts ?

I have noticed that my shower (when I shut the water off when finished) makes a high pitched noise but never my toilet.
That only makes funny noises before I flush...:emb:

Biggd 03-21-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 292298)

Thoughts ?

They are crying out because they have a *****ty job.

Rusty 03-21-2018 03:32 PM

Try flushing down 2 large boxes of Cheez-its 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
If that doesn't work than try 3 large boxes.

This might also help reduce the availability of cheese-its that are fed to the geese.

Outdoorsman 03-21-2018 03:50 PM

I am not a plumber.....FWIW

I have had the same issue and learned that it was a "low flow" of water coming in to the toilet tank. Same issue happened with my dish washer (not my wife, the actual machine that washes dishes)

In my case it was a metal ballcock valve.The new ones are plastic and I believe they are part of the "toilet repair kit". It is not a difficult part to replace if you are comfortable with DYI.

tis 03-21-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty (Post 292318)
Try flushing down 2 large boxes of Cheez-its 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
If that doesn't work than try 3 large boxes.

This might also help reduce the availability of cheese-its that are fed to the geese.

UH oh. You are in trouble for going off topic. But I am laughing anyway. :laugh:

dpg 03-22-2018 06:09 AM

Hmmm that's typically a partially clogged valve unit in the bowl also can search that on Google to verify. Kind of strange both started at once maybe some work was done in the water line and sediment pushed through?

SIKSUKR 03-30-2018 07:41 AM

Sounds like a noise from refilling. I'll bet its your float valve.

bigdog 05-03-2018 05:39 PM

Now several faucets are singing also, what the heck is going on.

FYI, I have city water !

Outdoorsman 05-03-2018 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 294221)

FYI, I have city water !

You have not mentioned if you tried any of the above advise. City water has no bearing on this.

Rusty 05-03-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 294221)

FYI, I have city water !

Are they all singing the same song?🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

ITD 05-03-2018 08:42 PM

Sing Misty for me!!

My pipes sing when I leave the outside water on with a hose attached. There is a back flow preventer on the spigot that whistles Dixie, groans and generally complains when water is used inside and I forgot to turn the outside water off.

dpg 05-10-2018 07:04 AM

May be sediment lots of cities/towns now are flushing fire hydrants we get some brown water pushing through when they do our street.

noreast 05-10-2018 01:22 PM

Mine did it as well, Unfortunately it was the 1st sign of hard water destroying my entire system.