Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Boat Registration Delay? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25632)

Lakegeezer 04-17-2020 10:12 AM

Boat Registration Delay?

Has anyone gotten their boat stickers from Concord in the past few weeks? With the town office and local marinas closed and the Gilford MP shack a bit far, I sent my registration checks to Concord about two weeks ago. As of today, they haven't even cashed the checks.

Has there been any word on it being OK to boat without a 2020 sticker, since the state processes seem to be bogged down?

4 for Boating 04-17-2020 10:27 AM

Same here - check was sent about 10 days ago.
No sign of it being cashed yet online.

I guess if they want to slow down the roll out of people getting out on boats due to the virus - this is one way to do it... Joke

Formula260SS 04-17-2020 10:42 AM

I mailed mine to Marine Patrol they turned it in about a week. If you check their website they have instructions for those who still need to do it.

MAXUM 04-17-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 332118)
Has anyone gotten their boat stickers from Concord in the past few weeks? With the town office and local marinas closed and the Gilford MP shack a bit far, I sent my registration checks to Concord about two weeks ago. As of today, they haven't even cashed the checks.

Has there been any word on it being OK to boat without a 2020 sticker, since the state processes seem to be bogged down?

For what it's worth, I noticed I am one of only a few sporting current year decals, many of the boats in the water have '19 decals as I have seen. Not terribly unusual for being so early in the season.

I have seen one MP boat out and about last weekend. I doubt they will be terribly lenient if you are caught unregistered.

thinkxingu 04-17-2020 10:50 AM

My town hall got it done in a couple days last week through their drop box, but I agree it probably wouldn't be much of an issue if everything else (license/boater's cert) is in order.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

erick26 04-18-2020 10:33 AM

Sent mine in on 3/18, check cashed 4/2 and stickers arrived a few days later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertDweller 04-18-2020 01:51 PM

Got my boat stickers back in December (these were through the State). The car/trailer registration stickers arrived in the beginning of April but that went through my town (Moultonborough).

Stevebvt 04-18-2020 07:01 PM

Sent mine in April 2...stickers arrived today April 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Reilly 04-19-2020 04:03 AM

stickers

Town of Gilford was great 2 days no Problems

LIforrelaxin 04-19-2020 08:31 PM

So here is the question of the day, on this topic. Are places like Heaths hardware in Center Harbor still able to do registrations, as a essential business they are still in operation.....

dippasan 04-20-2020 06:37 AM

Quick turn-around

Dropped off renewals and a check in the Glendale drop box on the 10th.
Got a call from MP same day saying they received them and were being processed.
Had my stickers in the mailbox on Tuesday the 14th

Thanks MP

gus62 04-20-2020 08:23 AM

Heaths Hardware is doing renewals!

dt5150 04-22-2020 08:16 AM

did mine through winnisquam marine, they've got a drop box set up.

Lakegeezer 04-23-2020 08:54 AM

Finally

Registrations went to the state on April 7'th, got the stickers back on April 22. Two weeks and a day. It is what it is.

raydoe1 04-25-2020 05:17 AM

no problem!

I sent my boat renewals and a check to my town clerk in Moultonborough and received my new registration within a week.

chipj29 04-27-2020 10:22 AM

I mailed mine just prior to the shutdown. I got it back in just a couple weeks.

Meredith AK 04-27-2020 10:34 AM

E-mail your marina

I e-mailed our marina with a photo of last year's registration, or better if you have this year's, and pout a check in the mail to them. A few days later got my new registration and stickers in the mail.

Descant 04-29-2020 12:06 PM

Magna cum laude

I mailed my registrations and requests for Glendale stickers/passes to the Gilford Town Clerk on April 22. In my mailbox on Monday, April 27. An A+, magna cum laude for the Town Clerk's office.

TiltonBB 05-01-2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 333437)
I mailed my registrations and requests for Glendale stickers/passes to the Gilford Town Clerk on April 22. In my mailbox on Monday, April 27. An A+, magna cum laude for the Town Clerk's office.

I second the endorsement of the Gilford Town Clerk staff. They are excellent! They will go out of their way to be helpful on any matter. From property tax questions to boat or vehicle registrations they give you the feeling that they are working for you.

If you are the second or third person to walk into the office you don't wait in line, someone else gets up from their desk to help you. That is far different than the experience I have had in other towns where they will act like they are doing you a favor to help you.

tummyman 05-15-2021 06:19 AM

New question...has anyone sent a boat registration into Concord for renewal in the last month and how quickly have you received the renewal? I mailed mine to Concord a couple of weeks ago and the check has not been cashed....I am getting worried about my launch date now.

GTO 05-15-2021 01:56 PM

Post office

Quote:

Originally Posted by tummyman (Post 355333)
New question...has anyone sent a boat registration into Concord for renewal in the last month and how quickly have you received the renewal? I mailed mine to Concord a couple of weeks ago and the check has not been cashed....I am getting worried about my launch date now.

Don’t be surprised if it’s the post office causing the delay. We mailed a package with tracking and it didn’t move from the Manchester distribution center for 14 days

The Real BigGuy 05-15-2021 02:03 PM

It definitely took longer this year. I called Concord after about 3 weeks (previously I got mine back unless that 2 weeks) to make sure I hadn’t screwed up my paperwork. They told me that they were working on renewals received the week before mine was mailed and that there were issues w/slow mail delivery. Said if I didn’t receive my new registration by the following week to call back. Came the Tuesday after I called.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

jeffk 05-16-2021 11:31 AM

Like last year, I did mine at Heath's Hardware. 5 minutes. It takes the unpredictable, poor performing Post Office out of the loop.

Descant 05-16-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 355389)
Like last year, I did mine at Heath's Hardware. 5 minutes. It takes the unpredictable, poor performing Post Office out of the loop.

And you have a choice as to which town gets the tax revenue by picking the town where you do the registration.

Leoskeys 05-17-2021 08:28 PM

What about new boat registrations? Is Concord the only option?

jeffk 05-18-2021 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoskeys (Post 355516)
What about new boat registrations? Is Concord the only option?

Since boats in NH are not Titled, the registration process carries less "weight" so I would think that a local business could handle it with the proper sales documentation. If someplace does renewals, CALL and ask them if they do "new" registrations and verify what documentation you need.

Leoskeys 05-18-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 355522)
Since boats in NH are not Titled, the registration process carries less "weight" so I would think that a local business could handle it with the proper sales documentation. If someplace does renewals, CALL and ask them if they do "new" registrations and verify what documentation you need.

Thanks, I did note that the NH site says for new boat what’s needed is:
Application
Bill of Sale
Drivers license
HIN
Check for fee.

I use Silver Sands for my primary (old) boat. So I’ll ask them about registering our new little RIB we got.

CK5 Truck 05-18-2021 06:29 PM

we walked into the Northfield Townhall (Maskless) and did a new registration in about 15 minutes, lady behind the glass knows her business for sure!

Descant 05-18-2021 08:27 PM

Amazed

I'm amazed that people ask such questions on line instead of calling the local Town hall or marina. Or DMV. Relying on questionable information, based on less than full information on the internet mystifies me.
Wait until the next day's business hours and call the office.

codeman671 05-20-2021 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffk (Post 355522)

There is no difference between a new registration and a renewal, other than required paperwork. Both can be done at any registration site (state, town, dealer, store, etc) that does boat registrations.

I usually do mine at Winnisquam Marine or Dover Marine.

DickR 05-23-2021 09:48 AM

I wrote a registration check May 11, mailed it to Concord that day or next. May 21 or 22 I got the registration in the mail. That seems quite reasonable.