Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jet ski's (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26185)

Biggd 08-08-2020 10:59 AM

Jet ski's

I never seen as many Jet ski's as I have this season. The must have sold a ton this summer. I wonder if there will be a run on Snowmobiles?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

thinkxingu 08-08-2020 11:09 AM

So, most Sea-Doo dealers haven't had skis to sell since June. The Covid shutdowns impacted the factories and, when they began reopening, they put some of their focus on side-by-sides and snowmobiles so they wouldn't be too far behind come fall/winter. "2021" models have started to come in these last few weeks, but not many. I'm guessing Yamaha and Kawasaki were similarly affected.

What I think is more responsible for the increase is the same we're seeing with lake/outdoor activity/boats in general: since there's nothing else to do, people are coming out of the woodwork.

The used market, especially for jetskis, is out. Of. Control. People are selling two and three-year-old machines for more than new. A guy I ride with has a '13 GTI 130 he bought used for $4500a few years ago and, when he posted it for $8500 two weeks ago, got half a dozen offers in fifteen minutes.

Biggd 08-08-2020 12:06 PM

I'm thinking about buying a snowmobile and wondering if I should put my order in now?

Winilyme 08-08-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 341081)
I never seen as many Jet ski's as I have this season. The must have sold a ton this summer. I wonder if there will be a run on Snowmobiles?

No question. MANY more jet skis this year. Wasn’t it about ten years ago when the jet ski market was tanking? Probably the Great Recession had everything to do with that. Funny that the current recession seems to have had the opposite effect.

Biggd 08-08-2020 12:35 PM

I overheard a guy at Meredith town docks trying to rent one and said there was nothing anywhere on the lake available.

TheTimeTraveler 08-08-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 341085)
I'm thinking about buying a snowmobile and wondering if I should put my order in now?

Absolutely! Order now.

I'm trying to buy a new refrigerator and it is taking a long time to arrive. No sign of it yet!

Covid-19 has caused a lot of shortages of things; some perceived, some not.

joey2665 08-08-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 341083)
So, most Sea-Doo dealers haven't had skis to sell since June. The Covid shutdowns impacted the factories and, when they began reopening, they put some of their focus on side-by-sides and snowmobiles so they wouldn't be too far behind come fall/winter. "2021" models have started to come in these last few weeks, but not many. I'm guessing Yamaha and Kawasaki were similarly affected.

What I think is more responsible for the increase is the same we're seeing with lake/outdoor activity/boats in general: since there's nothing else to do, people are coming out of the woodwork.

The used market, especially for jetskis, is out. Of. Control. People are selling two and three-year-old machines for more than new. A guy I ride with has a '13 GTI 130 he bought used for $4500a few years ago and, when he posted it for $8500 two weeks ago, got half a dozen offers in fifteen minutes.

Actually got lucky. Called HK in mid June they had a sea doo wake pro 230 coming in and I took it. But this is an issue up and down the east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 08-08-2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 341085)

HK had quite a few on the showroom floor last week.

thinkxingu 08-08-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 341095)
HK had quite a few on the showroom floor last week.

From what I've heard, dealers are filling their floors with whatever machines they have.

8gv 08-08-2020 07:17 PM

The last few years had levels of prosperity that likely brought many to the sport.

As new vessels go, PWC's are fairly cheap.

You can tow one with most vehicles and storage is not too difficult due to their small footprint.

All that and the "I'm gonna get the covid and die soon anyway. What the hell, I'll buy it." attitude.

SAB1 08-08-2020 07:36 PM

Some sleds will be tough to come buy. The big ploy for sleds now is Spring check.

dickiej 08-08-2020 07:51 PM

Bikes, kayaks, swimming pools, RV's, all selling like proverbial hot cakes...can't keep them in stock...YOLO attitude abounds....why wait for tomorrow for the toy...there may not be a tomorrow...

ApS 10-19-2020 05:04 PM

Another Tough Video to Leave Parts Unseen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 341108)
The last few years had levels of prosperity that likely brought many to the sport. As new vessels go, PWC's are fairly cheap.
You can tow one with most vehicles and storage is not too difficult due to their small footprint.All that and the "I'm gonna get the covid and die soon anyway. What the hell, I'll buy it." attitude.

OR...use a Jet-Ski to tow!

That is, until you're pounded into the shoreline bottom! :eek2:

Wave sets at Oahu produced some historic rides for surfer AND Jet-Skier! :eek:

"Yeah, I'll just outrun that wave!"

https://magicseaweed.com/news/gettin...ter-log/12112/