Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Wildlife (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Meredith Moose..... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20703)

GTO 06-03-2016 07:07 AM

Meredith Moose.....

After many unsuccessful dusk rides looking to see my first moose, a few weeks ago we took a ride up to moose alley in Pittsburg NH. Within 5 minutes, I saw my the first moose. Standing, almost posing on the side of the road, we parked across from it and took lots of pictures. Cross that off my bucket list. Then I get home from work last night and my son was just going out to a friends house. He called about a minute later and said there's a moose walking up the road. I ran from the house and standing in the middle of the road was a huge moose. He slowly walked into some nearby woods. stopped and posed for a few pictures. Once he reached the open corn field on rte 25, he went into a full trot and he was gone. Amazing watching such a big animal run that fast. Two moose in a month!!

thinkxingu 06-03-2016 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 263010)
After many unsuccessful dusk rides looking to see my first moose, a few weeks ago we took a ride up to moose alley in Pittsburg NH. Within 5 minutes, I saw my the first moose. Standing, almost posing on the side of the road, we parked across from it and took lots of pictures. Cross that off my bucket list. Then I get home from work last night and my son was just going out to a friends house. He called about a minute later and said there's a moose walking up the road. I ran from the house and standing in the middle of the road was a huge moose. He slowly walked into some nearby woods. stopped and posed for a few pictures. Once he reached the open corn field on rte 25, he went into a full trot and he was gone. Amazing watching such a big animal run that fast. Two moose in a month!!

Moose Alley in Pittsburgh is pretty cool. I remember driving up there a couple decades ago and wondering why people were sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the "main" road. Well, that was until the mooses started popping out!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

radiocontester 06-03-2016 10:24 PM

My wife and I saw a moose last night at approximately 9:30pm.....right in front of our SUV shortly after leaving Alton on route 11. Luckily I swerved just in time to miss it completely, but it was a near miss at full speed. We encountered a deer in the middle of the road on route 125 shortly thereafter and once again we were able to swerve out of it's way. What a night.....be careful out there folks!!!

kawishiwi 06-04-2016 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 263013)
Moose Alley in Pittsburgh is pretty cool. I remember driving up there a couple decades ago and wondering why people were sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the "main" road. Well, that was until the mooses started popping out!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Rt 16 & 26 south of Errol sure was a "Moose Alley" as well for me one Memorial Day weekend. I drove both roads at dusk and was reduced to 25 mph for my own safety. There were moose blocking my view of other moose.

Sunbeam lodge 06-04-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 263010)

We had a small one over on Veasey shore road yesterday. In the past there were a couple of large ones near page pond.

GTO 06-04-2016 10:25 PM

Close by

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge (Post 263059)
We had a small one over on Veasey shore road yesterday. In the past there were a couple of large ones near page pond.

This one was originally seen at patrician shores and the came over to our association, eventually running thru the corn field near 25 down towards the canoe. Maybe this was the mother of the small ones because she was big

LongshotLombard 06-20-2016 09:28 PM

Meridith Monster.

I saw something Big on Western Lane at Fish Cove, A Deer or Moose or Bigfoot? It was Black in color, only saw it for 3 or 4 secs then lost it.