Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvelous Marvin Hagler (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26827)

Gatto Nero 03-15-2021 07:27 AM

Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I read that Marvelous Marvin Hagler died recently at his home n New Hampshire but I can't seem to find where in NH he lived. Anyone know if he lived in the Lakes region?

steve-on-mark 03-15-2021 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 352143)
I read that Marvelous Marvin Hagler died recently at his home n New Hampshire but I can't seem to find where in NH he lived. Anyone know if he lived in the Lakes region?

He lived in Bartlett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gillygirl 03-15-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 352143)

My brother-in-law read he was in Bartlett.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

SAMIAM 03-15-2021 08:04 AM

The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot, Don't know if he had any other health issues

fatlazyless 03-15-2021 08:18 AM

www.facebook.com/MiddleweightBoxingChampion/

Marvin was a regular at the old Wildcat gasoline station with his late model Volvo wagon, a full service station in nearby Jackson, NH that closed in 2016 due to increased gasoline storage requirements. Marvin would go for 50-mile pedals on his racer style bicycle with turn down handle bars on the roads around Bartlett.

WinnisquamZ 03-15-2021 08:21 AM

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...-before-death/

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Blue Thunder 03-15-2021 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 352148)
The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot,Don't know if he had any other health issues

His wife vehemently denied his death was caused by the vaccine in a FB post this morning.

“I would like to speak with my heart to all of you. I apologize if my English is not written correctly but I hope everyone understands me in this difficult moment .
After 31 years the love of my life is gone and my life without him no longer makes sense ,but I can feel him next to me even now and he's telling me not to give up and be strong for him .
Thank you for your love , he loved people so much, he loved you all he was happy when he read your comments he was a special person the most beautiful person i had ever met in all my life .
I was the only person close to him until the last minute , and I am the only person that know how things went not even his family know all the details and I do NOT accept to read some stupid comment without knowing really what happen . For sure wasn't the vaccine that caused his death . My baby left in peace with his usually smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense .
Marvin hated funerals and therefore there will be no funerals or church celebrations he wants to be remembered with a happy smile but I would be happy if each of you can light a candle for him .However there is something special that I will do because it was his wishes and you will be informed at the right time by me I just need time .
Thank you all for your love
Kay G. Hagler”

WinnisquamZ 03-15-2021 09:15 AM

With due respect to the family, without autopsy results how does one know the cause of death. She is wrong to dismiss it

FlyingScot 03-15-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 352157)
With due respect to the family, without autopsy results how does one know the cause of death. She is wrong to dismiss it

Maybe she knows that millions of people all over the world have been given the vaccine and no one has died from it.

And maybe she also knows that certain people with some combination of paranoia and misinformation are trying to discourage people from taking vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective.

BillJohn 03-15-2021 04:55 PM

Bingo

Quote:

The Boston Globe reported that he died right after getting his 2nd Covid 19 shot, Don't know if he had any other health issues

So, so, so ridiculous. Use to like the VK but your posts have kept me away.

Seaplane Pilot 03-15-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 352170)
Maybe she knows that millions of people all over the world have been given the vaccine and no one has died from it.

And maybe she also knows that certain people with some combination of paranoia and misinformation are trying to discourage people from taking vaccines that have been proven to be safe and effective.

Really? But you are entitled to your opinion, and as of now, are free to express it as long as the First Amendment is still valid. But I (for one) completely (but respectfully) disagree.

BillJohn 03-15-2021 05:10 PM

Opinion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 352174)
Really? But you are entitled to your opinion, and as of now, are free to express it as long as the First Amendment is still valid. But I (for one) completely (but respectfully) disagree.

There are facts that exist in this world. You can have an opinion that the world is flat but that opinion would be WRONG because the facts are that the world is round. Understand?

SAMIAM 03-15-2021 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352173)
So, so, so ridiculous. Use to like the VK but your posts have kept me away.

So...I reported on a quote from the Globe and you don't like the VK.....ok
makes sense to me

BillJohn 03-15-2021 05:58 PM

Please give me the direct quote from the Globe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 352177)
So...I reported on a quote from the Globe and you don't like the VK.....ok
makes sense to me

The Globe never attributed (without having read it) MMH death to a second covid shot

And no...the reason I will not go to the VK anymore is because of many of your posts. I ran a company and I kept my mouth shut...why would I offend my 50% of my clients? Ask yourself the same question.

Seaplane Pilot 03-15-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352175)
There are facts that exist in this world. You can have an opinion that the world is flat but that opinion would be WRONG because the facts are that the world is round. Understand?

Ummm, no. I think I might have missed that class in elementary school. But I know your type. You’re right, and everyone else is wrong. Go ahead, cancel me! :yawn

Seaplane Pilot 03-15-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352178)
The Globe never attributed (without having read it) MMH death to a second covid shot

And no...the reason I will not go to the VK anymore is because of many of your posts. I ran a company and I kept my mouth shut...why would I offend my 50% of my clients? Ask yourself the same question.

I’ll go to VK twice as often, Sam, so please keep up the excellent posts. Plus, I guarantee you that I tip better!

FlyingScot 03-15-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 352174)

I don't understand what you could disagree with--can you show us cases of people dying from the vaccine?

Seaplane Pilot 03-15-2021 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 352182)
I don't understand what you could disagree with--can you show us cases of people dying from the vaccine?

I’m not a doctor or scientist, so no, I can’t prove it. But I can read, and some of what I’m seeing is disturbing. Several European countries have halted distribution of the Astrazenica vaccine due to serious side effects. The mainstream media certainly isn’t going to publicize deaths due to these vaccines. Besides, I can disagree (just as you can), and don’t have to justify my position to anyone, just as you don’t.

BillJohn 03-15-2021 08:07 PM

You can read but can you comprehend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 352183)
I’m not a doctor or scientist, so no, I can’t prove it. But I can read, and some of what I’m seeing is disturbing. Several European countries have halted distribution of the Astrazenica vaccine due to serious side effects. The mainstream media certainly isn’t going to publicize deaths due to these vaccines. Besides, I can disagree (just as you can), and don’t have to justify my position to anyone, just as you don’t.

Wow is all I can say. Covid will not kill us. The vaccine will not kill us but ignorance surely will!

Sue Doe-Nym 03-15-2021 08:57 PM

A look in the mirror......

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352186)
Wow is all I can say. Covid will not kill us. The vaccine will not kill us but ignorance surely will!

BillJohn, you just proved your point better than anyone else could.

BillJohn 03-16-2021 07:42 AM

From the Boston Globe

Quote:

"The widow of boxing legend Marvin Hagler denied rumors that the former middleweight champion had died from a severe reaction to the COVID-19 vaccine.

“For sure wasn’t the vaccine that caused his death,” Kay G. Hagler, his wife of three decades, wrote Monday on Facebook. “My baby left in peace with his [usual] smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense.”

BillJohn 03-16-2021 07:50 AM

Thanks for that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 352189)
BillJohn, you just proved your point better than anyone else could.

Sad to say there is no middle ground any more for the vast majority of people. This forum is just a microcosm of the USA but so much stuff that is posted has no connection to the truth (at least on Covid related issues) and I find it disappointing and am frightened by it.

FlyingScot 03-16-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 352183)

The mainstream media has reported 5 or so deaths out of the 17,000,000 people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine. This was the lead story in today's NY Times, so I guess they are publicizing it. They have not figured out what actually caused the deaths, with such small numbers--less than 1 in 3,000,000 people, it's too early to know. Also, of course, this is a small fraction of the number of those 17,000,000 we might have expected to die from covid without a vaccine.

The AstraZeneca vaccine is not approved in the USA. If people get shots here, they are getting Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J--vaccines that have incredibly good records on safety and effectiveness. Our FDA is typically the world's toughest, and this has saved Americans in the past.

camp guy 03-16-2021 08:18 AM

Marvelous Marvin Hagler

I'll bet Mrs. Hagler didn't see any of this coming when she posted to FB. I would like to apologize to Mrs. Hagler for this collection of posts, and hope that no more are forthcoming.

Sue Doe-Nym 03-16-2021 08:33 AM

Don’t thank me.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352196)
Sad to say there is no middle ground any more for the vast majority of people. This forum is just a microcosm of the USA but so much stuff that is posted has no connection to the truth (at least on Covid related issues) and I find it disappointing and am frightened by it.

BillJohn, there’s no need to thank me.....my comment to you was not complimentary, was dripping with sarcasm, and you misinterpreted it entirely.

BillJohn 03-16-2021 11:47 AM

Guess you need to work on your sarcasm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 352201)
BillJohn, there’s no need to thank me.....my comment to you was not complimentary, was dripping with sarcasm, and you misinterpreted it entirely.

My posts simply countered what Samiam wrote. He was wrong and was spreading misinformation. Such misinformation might lead some not to get the vaccine...choices such as that endanger all of us. That is science, not opinion.

Sure I took a shot at VK. His post reflects on the VK. I stopped going years ago after reading some of the posts. I very much doubt I am the only one who has done that. He surely has every right in the world to say whatever he wants but he also has to understand that when a business does that there can never be a win win for his business.

FlyingScot 03-16-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillJohn (Post 352219)
My posts simply countered what Samiam wrote. He was wrong and was spreading misinformation. Such misinformation might lead some not to get the vaccine...choices such as that endanger all of us. That is science, not opinion.

Sure I took a shot at VK. His post reflects on the VK. I stopped going years ago after reading some of the posts. I very much doubt I am the only one who has done that. He surely has every right in the world to say whatever he wants but he also has to understand that when a business does that there can never be a win win for his business.

Bill, I agree with you on the vaccine, and I'm surprised that any informed person would not want it. I spent 4 hours securing my appointment, and it's a huge relief to know that I no longer have to worry about getting sick or infecting my vaccinated parents.

But I think we would all be happier if we keep some words of Pete Buttigieg in mind. When the gay presidential candidate was asked what he thought of Chik-Fil-A, a staunchly anti-gay company, he replied "I am definitely not in favor of their politics...but I kind of am in favor of their chicken."

garysanfran 03-16-2021 04:32 PM

If I owned a retail business with a display window, I wouldn't put a "Have a nice day" sign on display.

In today's polarized society, it's going to piss-off someone.

The sky is blue....No it's not, it just appears that way. It's really clear air that appears blue...

Take it from there..

MAXUM 03-16-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 352257)
If I owned a retail business with a display window, I wouldn't put a "Have a nice day" sign on display.

In today's polarized society, it's going to piss-off someone.

The sky is blue....No it's not, it just appears that way. It's really clear air that appears blue...

Take it from there..

Wait.....HOLD ON..... back up the turnip truck, just being a business owner is highly offensive.

Now that we have that cleared up, we can move on to the proposed polarizing and equally offensive "Have a nice day" sign. ;)

BillJohn 03-16-2021 05:23 PM

I agree but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 352253)
Bill, I agree with you on the vaccine, and I'm surprised that any informed person would not want it. I spent 4 hours securing my appointment, and it's a huge relief to know that I no longer have to worry about getting sick or infecting my vaccinated parents.

But I think we would all be happier if we keep some words of Pete Buttigieg in mind. When the gay presidential candidate was asked what he thought of Chik-Fil-A, a staunchly anti-gay company, he replied "I am definitely not in favor of their politics...but I kind of am in favor of their chicken."

You are right in quoting Buttogieg yet I find it hard to believe he would really patronize the place unless he was a politician looking for votes.

For me personally, I think it makes sense to vote etc., with my wallet.

Appreciate your words and have always found your post cogent, thoughtful and respectful.