Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Friendly's in Laconia (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25057)

jetskier 10-04-2019 06:57 PM

Friendly's in Laconia

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...a038a27d4.html

8gv 10-04-2019 07:04 PM

That was a go-to place for ice cream when I was a kid.

My kids were often fed dinner there during their hectic sports seasons.

I haven't been there in five years.

I guess it's my fault! :eek:

joey2665 10-04-2019 07:29 PM

Friendly’s in New York are traditionally crowded and slow so we call them
Slowlys but we did like the Laconia location.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Woody38 10-04-2019 07:55 PM

As for the omelette, I have always used heavy cream or heavy whipping cream, whichever I had handy. Everyone remarks how fluffy they are. My experience is that water makes them solid.
Also cook slowly.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic

thinkxingu 10-04-2019 08:04 PM

Friendly's had such great potential--kids LOVE it--but they can never get things right. The last few times we visited our town's, we were disappointed in the price and serving.

I'll miss their Reese's Pieces sundae!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

baygo 10-05-2019 01:29 AM

I saw the writing on the wall a few years ago. I really like that location. Great place for a steak house. I’v sent Corporate an email each year to inquire about buying it each year. They had yet to reply. Perhaps they don’t check their email.

chachee52 10-05-2019 07:41 AM

Went there Labor Day with my wife and 2 y.o
Took an hour for us to get our food, and I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not.
We almost walked out a couple times but then thought we saw our food, but it wasn't. It wasn't too busy and there seemed to be plenty of help on the floor but they all seemed to forget about us. An older couple came in about 20 min after us and got their food first.
We thought it would be a quick food with a 2 yo, it was not!!
Sad because I do have so many good memories of Friendly's through the years at a bunch of different ones.

joey2665 10-05-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 320685)
I saw the writing on the wall a few years ago. I really like that location. Great place for a steak house. I’v sent Corporate an email each year to inquire about buying it each year. They had yet to reply. Perhaps they don’t check their email.

That is a great location for a really good steak house plenty of parking. If I were you I would call Weeks Commercial Realty Kevin Sullivan. Most of those chains have brokers or real estate departments that Kevin can get to, he would also be a buyer broker so no cost to you.

baygo 10-05-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 320696)
That is a great location for a really good steak house plenty of parking. If I were you I would call Weeks Commercial Realty Kevin Sullivan. Most of those chains have brokers or real estate departments that Kevin can get to, he would also be a buyer broker so no cost to you.

Yes a broker would probably be a good path to take. Timing of the closure is interesting because just a week ago or so, it crossed my mind that I had not sent this year’s email. Pondering that thought, I reminded myself that this is a scary business right now due to labor concerns and therefore I am not comfortable pursuing another restaurant without having a vested team in place.

TheTimeTraveler 10-05-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 320685)

You may want to check at the City Hall Tax Collectors office. They may be able to provide you with the address as to where they send the property tax bills. They also may be able to show that it has been recently sold (if in fact that it has).

kauriel 10-05-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler (Post 320698)
You may want to check at the City Hall Tax Collectors office. They may be able to provide you with the address as to where they send the property tax bills. They also may be able to show that it has been recently sold (if in fact that it has).

Baygo: This may provide some insight into the ownership: https://www.masslive.com/business-ne...on_reason.html. This article is from MA but ownership record suggests they did same thing in Laconia.

8gv 10-05-2019 03:17 PM

The article linked says the Blake brothers made it past the age of 100.

That chocolate ice cream for dinner was actually beneficial!!!