Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winni Pets (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Cat stuck in tree (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16667)

mr1drfl 10-19-2013 12:32 PM

Cat stuck in tree

Hello all. I just got a phone call from a friend that lives in Gilford, her poor little "indoor" cat got out and was chased up a tree. Little bugger has been up there for over 2 days now, approx. 45' up...Does anyone know of a tree service or anyone that might be able to help her out?? Her name is Maureen, and her phone number is 1-978-914-5770..The cat hasn't moved and obviously has been without food or water for the past 2 days..Any help would be greatly appreciated..She and myself are willing to pay to rescue the cat..Thank you all so much!!

ApS 10-19-2013 06:26 PM

'Can't Say That I Have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr1drfl (Post 213696)
Hello all. I just got a phone call from a friend that lives in Gilford, her poor little "indoor" cat got out and was chased up a tree. Little bugger has been up there for over 2 days now, approx. 45' up...Does anyone know of a tree service or anyone that might be able to help her out?? Her name is Maureen, and her phone number is 1-978-914-5770..The cat hasn't moved and obviously has been without food or water for the past 2 days..Any help would be greatly appreciated..She and myself are willing to pay to rescue the cat..Thank you all so much!!

When a neighbor called the Fire Department to rescue a cat up a tree—as they would, in her former New Jersey town—the Fire Department respondent asked:

Quote:

"Have you ever seen a dead cat up in a tree?"

:laugh:

SteveA 10-20-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr1drfl (Post 213696)

Is the cat still up the tree.. what part of Gilford?

mr1drfl 10-20-2013 11:06 AM

The cat was attacked by crows this morning and fell approx. 15' onto another branch.The owner went to Lowes and purchased a 45' ladder and a neighbor climbed up and got him down...All is well!!

tis 10-20-2013 06:47 PM

I had a kitten once that fell out of a tree. I thought sure he was dead, but he was ok.

PaugusBayFireFighter 10-20-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr1drfl (Post 213729)
The cat was attacked by crows this morning and fell approx. 15' onto another branch.The owner went to Lowes and purchased a 45' ladder and a neighbor climbed up and got him down...All is well!!

Maybe just a funny coincidence, but I was returning an item to Lowes around noon. There was an orange/red ladder being returned for refund. I noticed dirt around the butt of the ladder and thought, someone needed a ladder for a quick job and then returned it. Now I'm thinking maybe there's a link?:laugh:

mcdude 10-21-2013 06:31 AM

could've been FLL.......

fpartri497 10-21-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 213745)
could've been FLL.......

no doubt about It It was FLL :D

wifi 10-21-2013 10:59 AM

Don't jump to conclusions, this would imply he actually did work.

fatlazyless 10-22-2013 06:10 PM

....no.....sorry guys....it was not me.....and I refuse to go any higher than 14' up off the ground and even that seems pretty danged high when up there and looking down from a ladder....one can get seriously hurt falling from a ladder and then be subject to some big money medical bills which never-ever stop...

....and the Gilford-Lowe's is a super-super retail mecca for the area ....what with their very liberal 90-day returns policy....which probably means they just turn around and return the items back to the manufacturer for credit....business at Lowe's seems to have picked up over the last year or so.....and I believe they do kitchen appliance deliveries for no extra charge ....