Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Best Resturant to Eat At... (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24739)

iambler 07-19-2019 12:09 PM

The Best Resturant to Eat At...

Hi Group,
I'm coming back to Winni after many years away next week, to celebrate my Fiancée's Birthday and I want to take her out to dinner next Friday night.
My first thought was the beautiful Lake View Inn at Wolfeboro, but I just looked through the online edition of The Laker, and saw that it is now only a Bed & Breakfast.
What would be the nicest Lakeside (?) Fine-Dining Restaurant that you could recommend for us?

Thanking you in advance!

Irv in Peru, Maine

Biggd 07-19-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambler (Post 315662)
Hi Group,
I'm coming back to Winni after many years away next week, to celebrate my Fiancée's Birthday and I want to take her out to dinner next Friday night.
My first thought was the beautiful Lake View Inn at Wolfeboro, but I just looked through the online edition of The Laker, and saw that it is now only a Bed & Breakfast.
What would be the nicest Lakeside (?) Fine-Dining Restaurant that you could recommend for us?

Thanking you in advance!

Irv in Peru, Maine

O's in Laconia is the best restaurant in the lakes region, IMO!
It's not on Winni but it does have a lake view.

camp guy 07-19-2019 01:12 PM

The Best Restaurant to Eat At...

I think a little confusion is at hand, namely, the Lake View Inn no longer exists as that, it is now called The Inn on Main, and functions as a motel and has a large function facility, and a very nice dining room and lounge, but, no lakeside experience.

In Wolfeboro you might try Garwoods, down town. They offer a nice menu, are situated lakeside, and the staff is very pleasant.

Around the Lake are many other fine establishments, but for lakeside dining you will probably need to be in either Wolfeboro or Meredith. In Meredith, Church Landing is excellent. If you are entering the Lakes Region in the Wolfeboro area you can easily travel around the Lake in search of a place. You may want to remember it is summer, and reservations may be necessary in the nicer places.

Good luck.

mcdude 07-19-2019 01:27 PM

Shibley's Pier

You can't get any closer to the water than Shibley's at the Pier at Alton Bay

http://www.shibleysatthepier.com/

http://www.shibleysatthepier.com/ima...MG_0217_fs.jpg

joey2665 07-19-2019 01:34 PM

Not a lot if “fine dining” with s lake view. As mentioned church landing in Meredith and Garwoods in Wolfboro but I wouldn’t call them fine dining. Best I can say is Canoe in Center Harbor has a slight lake view.

There are others that do not have a lake view but are excellent like Woodshed, Osteria Poggio, Mise en Place La Boca to name a few

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

steve-on-mark 07-19-2019 01:49 PM

Love Lyons Den at Glendale...lake views and in my opinion the food and staff is always amazing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Way Out There 2 07-19-2019 02:05 PM

Lago's in Meredith is on the water.

Overlake97 07-19-2019 02:50 PM

Lago

I'd second Lago. There are people who say they don't like it, but I've never had a bad meal there, and it feels like a special place. There's always a wait, which has to tell you something. :liplick:

FlyingScot 07-19-2019 02:58 PM

If you're set on Wolfeboro, Boca or Mise en Place.

Lago excellent if Meredith works.

New Woodshed halfway in between.

joey2665 07-19-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overlake97 (Post 315674)
I'd second Lago. There are people who say they don't like it, but I've never had a bad meal there, and it feels like a special place. There's always a wait, which has to tell you something. :liplick:

I am a fan of Common Man and love the atmosphere at Lago. I would say the food is good through, not great but just my opinion although my son loves it there but he's 13.. lol

BroadHopper 07-19-2019 05:23 PM

Fine dining experience on the lake

Top of the list is definitely O's in Lakeport although you cannot get there by boat. Others around the lake are Lago's in Meredith, Ostereo Poggio in Center Harbor, Inn on Main in Wolfeboro, Shibley's by the Pier in Alton and Lodge at Smith Point in Gilford. For tappas, Tavern 27 in Laconia can't be beat!
A little travel and you can add Steele Hill Inn in Sanbornton, Castle in the Clouds in Moultonborough and Homestead in Bristol.

ishoot308 07-19-2019 05:39 PM

Best...

O’s off the lake and Lyon’s Den on the lake.

Dan

Biggd 07-19-2019 06:03 PM

I'm partial to Lago's because I'm only a mile away and go there almost every Friday night. I'm headed there now. The food is good and consistent but O's is a cut above everything else as far as food goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Slickcraft 07-19-2019 06:27 PM

Lyon's Den is very good with a lake view over the Glendale docks. Lots of threads here about the Den. It may be too late to reserve a table for two by the window. Give it a try.

Barney Bear 07-19-2019 08:50 PM

Bear's Dennto the Lyon's Den

We choose to come off Bear Island to celebrate special family events at the Lyon's Den next to Glendale Harbor, just off Route 11 in Gilford. 🐻

Woody38 07-19-2019 08:59 PM

Our favorite restaurant is Lyons Den. Nice view of the water and docks in Glendale. Tell them your situation and they will surely try to accommodate. I am not a fan of Common Man, been to several and always left a lot to be desired. Only our experience and many love them. Y-Bones in Laconia i\has a decent water view.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

steve-on-mark 07-20-2019 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I always make fun of people who take pictures of their food while dining out. I was so impressed with my last meal at Lyons Den, I took a picture of it. Go ahead, have at me...Attachment 15128

Hillcountry 07-20-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 315710)
I always make fun of people who take pictures of their food while dining out. I was so impressed with my last meal at Lyons Den, I took a picture of it. Go ahead, have at me...Attachment 15128

You could have at least told us what that is! :D

ishoot308 07-20-2019 12:47 PM

Looks like “Chicken Lobskar” a Lyons Den original specialty!